THE LEGAL STUFF
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By purchasing a ticket you agree to abide by SpiritFest Terms and Conditions.
SpiritFest Terms and Conditions
By purchasing tickets and participating in the SpiritFest Yoga and Dance Festival, you agree to the following:
Refund & Exchange Policy
All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be issued for any reason, but you are free to transfer your tickets or resell them at face value. SpiritFest Yoga and Dance Festival will take place rain or shine. All advertised instructors and artists have confirmed their appearance at SpiritFest Yoga and Dance Festival. Instructors, artists and schedules are subject to change without notice.
Waiver of Liability
There are serious risks associated with any physical activity, including the practice of yoga. By participating in any classes, workshops or other activities at the SpiritFest Yoga & Dance Festival, you represent that you are in reasonable physical condition and have no medical condition which would prevent your participation in such activities; you acknowledge and assume all risk of injuries or damages from such activities, whether known or unknown; and you knowingly and voluntarily waive all claims against SpiritFest Yoga and Dance Festival, Somerset Gift and any of the participating Yoga Studios as well as their employees, volunteers, instructors, and agents, for any injuries or damages that you may sustain as a result of participating in such activities.
None of the following are permitted at the event: alcohol, drugs, open fires, gas braais, glass bottles, weapons or pets. SpiritFest Organisers and the owners of Somerset Gift will not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury which occur at this event. The Organisers reserve the right to ask a participant to leave if his/her behavior is deemed inappropriate or is perceived as a threat to the safety and well being of the event. Please leave your environment cleaner than when you arrived.
Photo and Video Release
By participating in SpiritFest Yoga & Dance Festival, you consent to having your photo and/or video taken and agree to allow SpiritFest Yoga & Dance Festival to use the same for promotional purposes.
Audio or visual recordings of the SpiritFest Yoga & Dance Festival are prohibited. Still cameras (not professional) are permitted, but images may only be used for private purposes and not public display.
Terms & Conditions Changes
SpiritFest Yoga & Dance Festival also reserve the right to alter the terms and conditions and prices at our discretion. If we make any significant change to this policy, we will provide notice of the changes on this website.
Whom do I contact with questions?
If you have any questions or comments about our Terms & Conditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to include your email address and phone number with your correspondence.
Please note the following important instructions:
NO glass is allowed anywhere on the venue
NO open fires to be lit anywhere on the venue
NO independent or car sound systems to be used.
NO MOOP : Matter Out Of Place
NO firearms, fireworks, rockets and other explosives allowed on the venue.
* The ticket barcode only allows one entry per person per scan.
* Unauthorised duplication or sale of this ticket may prevent your admittance to the event.
* Ticket holder may be searched on entry.
* All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be issued for any reason, but you are free to transfer your tickets or resell them at face value.SpiritFest will not be held responsible or liable for any tickets now bought through appointed ticket seller, Webtickets.
* Prohibited items as stated above will not be allowed into the venue.
* Keep this ticket in a safe place as you would money or regular tickets, remember if someone uses your ticket before you the ticket will be void and you will not be able to enter with it.
* SpiritFest is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by unauthorized duplication.
* This ticket is a revocable license that may be revoked by SpiritFest for any reason.
* In the event that duplicate copies appear, the Facility reserves the right to refuse entry to all ticket holders and will not refund the purchase.
* Tickets are non-refundable even if the event is terminated or cancelled due to harsh weather, acts of nature, governmental regulation or other conditions beyond SpiritFest control.
* If SpiritFest does decide to do a refund the refund will be total paid less refund cost as stated on Webtickets Terms & Conditions.
* The event date and time is subject to change without notice. By using this ticket you agree to the terms and conditions associated with this ticket as disclosed here.
Conditions of Sale:
* Holder of this ticket voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to any event for which this ticket is issued and waives all claims against the event sponsor, the owner of the facility and the ticket producer or issuer.
* Right of admission is reserved. Persons deemed to be behaving in a manner that is dangerous or unacceptable in the opinion of SpiritFest or its agents or contractors will be refused admission and/ or removed from the Venue with no refund.
* Activities such as ‘diving into water’ ‘stage diving’, ‘moshing’, ‘climbing’ and ‘crowd surfing’ are strictly prohibited.
* We reserve the right in our reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit of the Venue and to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or to other patrons or that are in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
* Admission is subject to compliance with all the laws and facility rules and the ticket holder consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the laws or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion.
* You voluntarily assume the risk of serious injury or death by attending this event where being close in or on water will be part of the event and release SpiritFest from any claim arising from this event.
* You voluntarily assume all risks and dangers incidental to an Event, whether occurring before, during or after the Event, and you waive any claims for loss, damage, personal injury or death against SpiritFest, the Event Organiser, the management or any agent of Somerset Gift, the performing artist(s), participants, and all of their respective parents, affiliated entities, agents, officers, directors, owners of land and employees on behalf of yourself and any minor accompanying you or for whom you purchased a Ticket.
* Neither Somerset Gift nor the Event Organiser will be liable for damage to or loss of any personal property.
* To the fullest extent possible in law, we do not accept liability for and you will have no claim in respect of any errors relating to (and neither the Webtickets Online Store, the Event Organiser nor Somerset Gift in relation to) the location of your camping place relative to the stage; the quality of your standing/camping place; parking at the Venue; the adequacy of traffic control to and from the Venue; the adequacy of food and beverages at the Venue; the quality of sound and lighting at the Venue; or the quality of any services provided by independent contractors at the Venue.
* You may be asked for proof of ID to enter this event.
* Please note: You bear the risk of inclement weather.
* Please note that loud sound at events can damage hearing.
If you experience any problems at the Event, please contact a steward or duty manager. In case of emergency please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
* Please direct any queries related to the event or these terms and conditions to email@example.com
The Fine Print:
* No unauthorized recordings of event where prohibited. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
* Holder acknowledges that the event may be broadcasted or otherwise publicized, and hereby grants permission to utilize the holder’s image or likeness in connection with the publication of any photograph of such event and any live or recorded transmission or reproduction of such event.
* Commercial vending is prohibited as are all firearms, fireworks, rockets and other explosives.
* You agree to abide by all the rules and to follow national and local laws.
* This is a leave no Trace, Pack it in, pack it out event. Say no to MOOP!
* Vendors of food and goods and sound equipment is not owned by SpiritFest and you therefore assume any and all risk of injury associated with or arising from their operation or occurrence.
* You appoint SpiritFest as your representative to take actions necessary to protect you intellectual property or privacy rights, recognizing that SpiritFest has no obligation to take any action what so ever.
* All vehicles including trucks, trailer, caravans and RV’s entering and exiting SpiritFest are subject to search by the Gate staff.
* Whilst we have policies in place to encourage responsible behaviour it is up to the individuals involved. Please bear this in mind before you bare yourself.
* Use of this Ticket confirms your agreement to the terms reflected above.
Further Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the conditions on which the Approved Ticket Seller will provide you and the Event Organiser, the client, with an internet based booking mechanism for particular events.
This document records the terms and conditions of our agreement to provide you with these services and you will be bound by this agreement.
As each offer provided to our customers is different, the details of all the amounts you will need to pay us, including initial fees, booking and administration fees are determined by the organisers of each event.
It is important for you to understand everything contained in this document and there are some clauses which we have put in bold font to bring them to your special attention.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW – TICKETS
We act as agents and/or provide the platform for the presenters, promoters and organisers of events (“Event Organisers”). The Event Organisers sell tickets to you and collect payment from you utilising an online payment gateway. Each ticket that you purchase from them is subject to these terms and conditions. Additionally, you are bound by the Event Organiser’s terms and conditions applicable to the particular event (“the Ticket Terms”). These terms may appear on the relevant ticket or may otherwise be made available to you online.
Each ticket that you purchase from us may only be utilised to attend the particular event to which the ticket pertains only and will not enable you to attend any other event.
Any information you provide to us for the purposes of us providing you with our services, may need to be shared with our service providers or for the purposes of checking your credit record. We will not do anything else with your personal information unless we obtain your prior consent.
The booking process is completed online. You must be over the age of 18 in order to submit a booking to us. We may require you to provide us with proof of your age or, if you are below the age of 18, the consent of your parents or legal guardian prior to accepting any booking from you.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your booking details are correct before submitting the booking request, since the booking process may not be reversed. In the event that the Event Organiser accepts to reverse the booking, reversal fees such as credit card fees, commissions and other fees may be applicable. We are not responsible, nor may we be held liable for the reversal of any charges incurred by you as such remains within the sole discretion of the Event Organiser
Upon completion, your booking request confirms your agreement to the terms and conditions contained in these terms as well as to any terms imposed by the Event Organisers. Following receipt of your booking request, we shall transmit correspondence either confirming or rejecting your booking request. This process creates a legally binding contract between us. Failure to receive this correspondence shall have no bearing upon the validity of the agreement concluded between us.
We may, in our sole discretion, not accept or process your booking request and we will notify you if this is the case. This may occur if the event to which your booking request pertains has criteria which you fail to meet.
In the event that you do not receive correspondence after submitting your payment information, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting your payment information, you should confirm with us whether or not your order has been received. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS YOU MAY INCUR IF YOU ASSUME THAT A BOOKING WAS NOT RECEIVED FOR ANY REASON.
We may, at our sole discretion, limit your booking to a specified number of persons in order to discourage unfair booking practices.
The information you submit online will be processed as you have provided it. In the event that you wish to change anything, you need to contact us immediately.
If, for whatever reason, there is a conflict of terms between those included herein and any others, these terms shall take precedence.
All information in respect of any event for which tickets are offered may be found on the Event Organiser’s website, Facebook page and mobile app (if applicable). The information is provided and created by the relevant Event Organisers and to this extent, the nature of the event is not a representation of our belief or opinion. WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OF THE EVENTS AND WE DO NOT REGULATE TICKET PRICES OR AVAILABILITY. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INACCURATE INFORMATION PRESENTED, UNAVAILABILITY OF TICKETS OR CHANGES IN VENUE, DATES OR PRICING THAT MAY OCCUR BY THE EVENTS ORGANISER.
Without prior notice, the Event’s Organiser may change the price, discontinue the availability of tickets or change the venue, seating arrangements or performance for which tickets have been offered. Special promotions may be subject to certain additional terms and conditions.
All ticket prices displayed are in South African Rand unless stipulated otherwise. These prices exclude delivery fees which may be charged separately in the event that the Event Organiser offers a delivery service. Should you request a cancellation, exchange or replacement of tickets, a stipulated handling fee and/or a cancelation fee may also apply.
All prices indicated as applying to tickets will be inclusive of VAT but exclusive of any other applicable charges, which, unless otherwise indicated, will be charged separately.
You will have to provide the necessary payment account details, when booking for an event. By completing the relevant online fields, you thereby authorise us to debit the designated account with the amount owing for the tickets requested. We shall debit your account subsequent to your booking. You are only entitled to receive the tickets once full payment has been made. In the event that, for whatever reason, we are unable to debit your account, your booking may be cancelled and your tickets resold without further notice.
You are also welcome to pay via an Electronic Funds Transfer (“EFT”). In this instance, we will provide you with a reference as well as with the relevant bank account details into which you shall be required to pay. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN THE EVENT THAT YOU PAY INTO THE WRONG ACOUNT. FURTHERMORE, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN THE EVENT THAT YOUR PAYMENT REFLECTS IN THE RELEVANT ACCOUNT AFTER THE EXPIRY DATE FOR A PARTICULAR BOOKING WHICH RESULTS IN THE LATE OR NON-ISSUING OF TICKETS.
You are required to pay the full amount of the booking price when utilising the EFT platform. Partial and non-payments relating to bookings will result in non-issuing of tickets. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR BOOKED TICKETS ARE REISSUED TO OTHER PERSONS AS A RESULT OF YOUR PARTIAL OR NON-PAYMENT.
PARTIAL PAYMENTS RESULTING IN A NON-ISSUING OF TICKETS SHALL NOT
In the event that you insert an incorrect reference when making a payment, you may not receive your tickets on time. In such an instance, it is your responsibility to contact us. Each transaction bears a new reference which will be allocated. A REFERENCE NUMBER ALLOCATED FOR ONE BOOKING MAY NOT BE UTILISED AGAIN FOR FUTURE BOOKINGS.
You warrant that the account from which you elect to make payment is one operated by you and in the event you are to be refunded, we may pay the refunded amount into such account.
TICKET COLLECTION & DELIVERY
The following options may be available based on your selection at the time of check out;
Download an electronic ticket or reference number;
Print your ticket at home. Your electronic tickets contain unique identification numbers, barcodes and/or access codes which allow only a single use thereof will be permitted.
Have your ticket delivered to you. A delivery will generally be done by courier and any delivery will be subject to the courier’s delivery terms and conditions, delivery areas, delivery schedules and the like. We may not be held responsible for any loss which may arise as a result of any action or omission of the courier. ANY FEES LEVIED BY THE COURIER SHALL BE FOR YOUR ACCOUNT AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be issued for any reason, but you are free to transfer your tickets or resell them at face value.
Reselling of any tickets purchased by you from using the platform is strictly prohibited. In the event that reselling of tickets purchased from us is attempted, we reserve our right to cancel your tickets and sell them to our other customers. YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IF YOUR TICKETS ARE CANCELLED OWING TO A RESELLING ATTEMPT.
Furthermore, you may not use our tickets for any promotion purposes. In order to utilise our tickets for a competition, you may request same from us in writing. You will be required to state the extent to which you intend to utilise our brand.
LOST OR STOLEN TICKETS
In the event that your ticket is lost or stolen, the Event Organisers reserves the right to choose whether it shall reissue you with new tickets. The risk for loss and damage to the tickets passes to you upon receipt of them. The Event Organiser may levy a reissuing fee.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
You are entitled to cancel your booked tickets that on the condition that they have not yet been issued to you. This cancellation may be done at any time prior to the day before the date of the event by sending a cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to note that in certain instances, we shall retain the money you pay to us and pay it over to the Event Organiser following the conclusion of the event. In all other instances, the Event Organiser is the final recipient of the money. Notwithstanding these two instances, the cancellation and refund process operates in the same manner however, in the event that money becomes owing to you arising from a cancellation or refund, the payer may vary depending on whether the monies are being held by us or the Event Organiser.
Once the details of your booking have been reinserted into the system, you will be refunded the face value paid for the relevant tickets. You may be liable for cancellation charges as determined either by us or by the Event Organiser which may be deducted from your refund. The following cancellation charges may apply:
If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event a 25% cancellation fee will apply;
If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 7 days prior to the event a 50% cancellation fee will apply;
If the cancellation occurs less than 7 days prior to the event a 75% cancellation fee will apply;
In the event that you can provide us with documentary proof that a person in whose name a ticket was booked will not be able to attend the event because of his / her death or incapacity, we will not levy a cancellation fee in respect of that person’s ticket.
It falls exclusively in the domain of Event Organisers to do the following:
refuse admission to events,
alter the program or seating arrangements for events,
postpone or cancel events in certain circumstances.
In each of the above instances, the Event Organiser may offer a refund or exchange of tickets and we take no responsibility in respect of that process. No refund will apply if you are refused admission to the event because fail to qualify for attendance. If an event is cancelled or postponed, and depending on the circumstance listed in 8.2, we or the Event Organiser shall provide a notice on the Event Organiser’s website or contact you to inform you of the relevant refund or exchange procedures for that event. Refunds shall be issued using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets. If a credit card was used to make the refunded purchase, then only that actual credit card will receive the credit for the refund.
We shall endeavour to protect your payment information insofar as possible. HOWEVER, WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ABSOLUTE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US, NOR THAT WE SEND TO YOU.
YOUR ATTENDANCE AT EVENTS OCCURS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE REITERATE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR SECURITY OR THE SECURITY OF YOUR PROPERTY IN ATTENDING ANY EVENT. Any damage or loss suffered may be addressed with the Event Organiser.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURATE INFORMATION, PROMOTION OR COMPETITION WHICH RESULTS IN INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BOOKING OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STATUTE OR DELICT, WHICH INCLUDES NEGLIGENCE.
YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO RECOVER ANY AMOUNT WHICH EXCEEDS THE TICKET PRICE ACTUALLY RECEIVED FROM YOU IN RESPECT OF A BOOKING, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.